You are invited to a webinar on October 15, (13.00-17.00 CET) arranged by the Swedish Consumer Agency, its Scientific Council, in partnership with Maastricht University.
The evolution of digital markets has changed the market conditions for consumers. Developments in digital platform markets, data driven marketing and digital design have created infinite opportunities for both consumers and businesses. However, consumers are faced with new challenges and are at greater risk of being influenced or even manipulated into actions and choices they would not have made otherwise. These challenges have led to a change in the relationship between consumers and businesses, in many cases to the disadvantage of the consumer.
During this webinar, consumer and business organisations, academic researchers and policy makers will discuss how digital markets and data driven marketing challenges consumer behaviour and how a more equal and balanced consumer-business relationship can be achieved.
The speakers and participants include the following:
- Dr. Harry Brignull, User Experience Specialist and founder of darkpatterns.org.
- Hans Micklitz, Professor of Economic Law, Helsinki University
- Natali Helberger, Professor of Information Law, University of Amsterdam
- Anna Barker, Competition Expert, OECD
- Andreas Maaloe Jespersen, Specialist, Danish Competition and Consumer Authority
- Arunesh Mathur, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Princeton University
- Carolina Brånby, Director Digital Policy, Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
- Werner Stengg, Cabinet Expert for Digital Policy, European Commission
More information and registration here.